I was scanning Pinterest a few weeks ago for “easy keto meals” and came across this pretty photo:
The tagline cracked me up, but DAMN that looks delicious! I pinned it and then decided to make it for lunches the following week.
Here’s a snapshot of the ingredients and instructions:
And here’s what I changed:
- I used a little over 2 lbs of chicken breasts because I use the Costco six-packs, so I used two of those.
- I sprayed the casserole dish with cooking spray because eew.
- I didn’t have time to let the cream cheese soften, so I softened in the microwave. It only takes about 15 seconds to do so!
- There is no way I only used 4 oz of cheese. More like 8. Ya know, the entire bag. And from the image shown, I can’t believe that’s only 4 oz of cheese, either, lol.
- I used turkey bacon instead of regular bacon.
- I didn’t serve it with a side, but instead just split it into several Pyrex containers (Amazon affiliate link, just FYI!) for the week.
This meal is BANGIN’. It smells and tastes super-good, and is really filling. It did get hotter as the week went on and the peppers had time to settle in the meal, just FYI. I didn’t leave in any seeds and almost no pilf, so if you do, be prepared for more heat by Friday.
I managed to make us 8 lunches out of this, so it’d be great if you’re also cooking for two or you could make slightly bigger servings and have it for your whole week. 10/10; this meal will definitely be in the rotation!
Original recipe: https://easyfamilyrecipes.com/jalapeno-popper-chicken-casserole/