I’m a product of such a weird set of circumstances and people. Some stuff about me:
- I look exactly like my mother, and I couldn’t be happier about it.
- I have the mouth of a sailor (though some would argue it’s worse).
- I like to play video games as much as I like to Happy Plan, and I’m down for everything in between those two, too.
- I’m a runner.
- I play volleyball in two clubs full of people I just adore.
- I pick things up and put them down (just not super heavy things, because a car accident in 2014 tried to take me out and got my wrist instead of my life).
- I love my cats so much it actually hurts me. Like, it makes me grit my teeth when they’re so cute, which is literally always, and my dentist just told me on 1/5/17 that I need to get a night guard or I’m not going to have any teeth left in 20 years.
- I was a closeted nerd for most of my life, but now I flaunt it, because fuck haters. Doctor Who, Marvel, Harry Potter, every video game ever built on the Half Life Engine, the list goes on and on.
- I grew up Jehovah’s Witness, and even though that isn’t who I am now, it definitely shaped me as a person (for better or for worse, depending on the situation).
- I am a multi-year, multi-person, sexual assault and physical/mental/emotional abuse survivor. I’m pretty open about it, and mostly functional talking about it, so if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask them. And if you or someone you know needs help, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 or visit thehotline.org.
- I truly believe in the power of positivity and I believe that finding and living your truth will set you free, every time.
Want to know more? HMU on IG, yo.