The hunt for great side dishes never stops, but man, when it results in a dish that becomes a main course….well, mmph.
The Loaded Cauliflower Bake from My Kitchen Escapades did just that–I simply started adding a meat to it (ground sausage and diced chicken are my go-tos) and serving it as a casserole-type meal and away it went (into our bellies… see what I did there?).
I entered all of the info as-is in the link above, and what you see is what you see is below (with an assumed six servings, but as I like to eat as much of this as possible :))
|6g net carbs, yay!|
Reasons why I love this dish:
- Uh, it’s fucking delicious
- Phenomenal macros, mang
- It’s a great dish to take to family dinners, holiday meals, work get togethers, etc.
- Save room for caloric intake if you’re planning to make this. It’s high-cal but it’s so super worth it
- I prefer chopped and cooked bacon over crumbled bacon. It gives it an additional texture that I really like
- Beware taking leftovers to work–reheating in the microwave still has that ‘cauliflower’ stank